Hi, I'm Nona Jordan: I'm a mother, master coach, yoga teacher, energy worker and lover of the world. This is my husband and I, out in the bush in Zambia, where we currently live. One of the best outcomes of Sacred Practice for me has been this: a healthy, loving and vibrant relationship with a really beautiful man. (There was no reason for me to have this in my life.)
I grew up as a kid who struggled to finish and see things through to the end. Things were already tough in my family around the time of this picture, when I was just four. I don't remember a time when I was young that I didn't struggle with self-esteem and belief in myself and my place in the world. Trauma and family alcoholism deeply impacted me -- my first sacred practices of yoga and meditation (began in college) became a misguided attempt to try and transcend my experience - another form of addiction and numbing out. In popular terms, I was absolutely looking to bypass my own pain and suffering with my practices.
In my late 20's I had a powerful vision (one of the first inklings of Medicine Visions) that inspired me to stop drinking. My aspiration and my desire in that moment was to be fully alive, to not try and put space between myself and life. This intention, and that vision, has been working in my life ever since and as such, my practice has become developing intimacy with ALL of life - the joy, the sorrow, the challenge and the triumph. It is deeply satisfying and it is the "secret" to the ways I've changed and how much I get done. I keep showing up - for my inward facing practices which help me show up for my outward facing practices of engaging with the world in my own rhythm.
The School of Sacred Practice is a year-long school committed to creating lasting change in unconventional and radical ways. Sacred Practice is transformational - it will support you in being the woman you are, and that you are becoming. Sacred Practice will teach you the power of the innate sacred resources that are yours to tend and work with. Sacred Practice helps you to stay present, listen for the next step and then take inspired action over and over, in service to your most inspired vision.
In a world that rests on the false promise of instant transformation and instant results, Sacred Practice offers a reliable way to connect with your own deep wealth of resources and to keep showing up for the woman you are, and for the woman you are becoming.
This is the magic of Sacred Practice.
During the ten months we are together, you will receive
- Four deep-dives into Sacred Practices that will support deep healing, clarity and inspiration with your sacred resources: in 2019, our themes will be Remembering the Essence of Wealth, The Power of Joy & Pleasure, Belonging to the World, and Living into True Mastery. You will work with different practices, as your own wisdom dictates, and, as a group we will utilize the Sacred Practices of journey work, active imagination and the breath as unconventional and revolutionary Sacred Practices to access healing, clarity, wisdom and right-action.
- Each deep-dive will include:
Four SoulMails: An email delivery of key ideas that will invite you to tap your own deep wisdom as well as prompts and invitations for you to explore the changes you would like to experience through Sacred Practice.
Four Centering In Calls: Each Monday of the deep-dives, we will gather virtually via video conference to hone in on intentions, questions, and practices for the coming week as well as acknowledge and celebrate what is shifting and changing. This alone will change you and support you in getting the right things done in accordance with your vision.
Four Receiving the Sacred Calls: Each Friday of the deep-dives, we will gather via video conference to journey to liminal realms via breath, drumming, or imagination with specific questions and requests that have bubbled up as a result of our practice. These journeys may focus on healing, clarity, or connecting to deep wisdom archetypes that will bring you connection to your own wisdom and the magical support of your guides and allies.
Pop-Up Facebook Check-ins: The very best way to integrate the changes you are making is to articulate what you are noticing. I'm readily available on Facebook, and, I will also offer pop-up check-in threads and Live time in the group. This will affirm the vitality of the work you are doing and everyone benefits when these are hosted in our secret online gathering space -- let yourself, and others, hear your wisdom, your questions and your insights.
- An Opening, and a Closing, Ceremony via video conference to bring our energies together and to create the space for strong and powerful work within the circle. This will create the container for our time together with intention and close our time with celebration and awareness of all that has shifted and changed through the year.
- Group Energy Medicine. At the outset of each deep-dive, I will do a group Medicine Vision, or another type of energy medicine to create a strong energetic container and to support our collective, and your individual, desire for change and transformation. If you are unfamiliar with the energy work and visioning that I offer, please do read more. In essence, a Medicine Vision is part intuitive vision and part energy work. The intuitive vision is a love letter to the group from the Divine on the adventure that awaits you, while the energy work anchors our intentions into the group energy body as we move through sacred practice.
- Integration and Connection Calls. In between our deep-dives, we will have monthly calls to check in and connect. To integrate what is shifting and changing and of course to feel the sweetness of circling with your sisters.
And, just for love. I create an altar for the women of the group and I hold you in my own Sacred Practice each and every morning. I will also invite you to create your own altar of Sacred Practice to work with, to support you in the ways you wish to change in the coming year.