If you came to my home and sat at my kitchen table, I would offer you a choice of water, coffee or herbal tea and I would insist on giving you all of my loving attention.
If you asked about me, I would tell you that I am deeply inspired by beauty of all kinds, from the beauty and utter naturalness of non-human nature to the beautiful devotion of humans who go beyond their limits to catch their dreams. I would tell you that becoming a partner to my husband and a mother to my daughter has by far been the hardest, and most rewarding, choice of my life -- I wouldn't have guessed that agreeing to keep my heart open and let it be broken over and over to the end would be so wonderful. I've been told I'm intense and that my laugh is too loud and that I have almost no capacity to make small talk. I"m so glad all those things are true so when you sit at my table and you tell me what's real for you -- you won't find a more welcoming place for all of you to show up and be celebrated in all of your fine humanity.
As a Capricorn, my work is at the heart of my values - a very close second to my family, so let me tell you more.
As a master leadership coach, wisdom teacher and intuitive guide, I support women who want to experience success that feels like success on all levels - and that rarely (if ever) looks or feels the way that women believe it should. There is nothing quite like it when a woman unshackles herself to claim the freedom of her own vision of success-- based on her own pleasures, preferences and knowing.
My vision is to leave a legacy of women who courageously create the life, and the work, that is aligned with their truth and amplifies wealth for themselves and the world. This path requires the courage to look at both challenges and gifts as powerful and sacred invitations to grow closer to oneself. The secrets to this sauce include reclaiming your wealth of innate wisdom, your ferocity and a commitment to truth and right-action on behalf of your vision of success, no one elses.
I want you - and as many women as I can reach in a lifetime - to know that money is not the source of wealth, but a lovely result of amplifying the true wealth of your Essence. I want you to stop doubting yourself and looking outside of yourself for affirmation or fixing. I want you to move through life knowing you are enough, attuned to your power and capacity to create and magnetize abundance. I want you to know that you get the final choice regarding what is most important to you in relationship to money.
All of this with the end vision in mind: freedom and personal authority for all humans that creates sustainable balance between human and non-human nature. For our sons and daughters who will inherit this earth, I believe that women, when tapped into their wealth, are and will continue to create the legacy of healing, sovereignty and truth that our world desperately needs. Greed and scarcity are old news. I believe that together, we can create a world where the way humans live and work is generative and restorative instead of destructive.
Here are a few things I believe
- I believe that thinking more money is the final answer is like looking at yourself in a fun house mirror and believing that's who you are. Money is not a primary source of wealth - it is a result of tending and directing your innate resources with wisdom.
- I believe the desire for more money is not only valid, but it can be a portal to spiritual growth. It is a vital piece of wealth we tend on earth - money is a gift and a teacher and a trickster. Embrace your desire and act accordingly.
- I believe in abundance and that there is enough for everyone. All boats rise together. Competition is a thing of the past. Rooting out the ideas of scarcity changes the game for you and everyone around you. This is potent medicine.
- I believe courageous presence with all parts of our lives (especially the challenges) is an incredible spiritual invitation to know the depth of your wealth. Each day, each moment, each challenge and joy an invitation to grow in your capacity to be a light-filled, powerful human being including your relationship to your own wealth, including money and worth. Especially those!
- I believe that sensitivity, empathy and intuition are incredible strengths. These are the very qualities that need to be fiercely honored, cared for, and celebrated as fundamental to your unique Essence and knowing.
- I believe you - fully embodied and connected - are pure wealth. Everything you want to create happens in your body, THE primary container of wealth, of your Essence, that you work with in this lifetime. It is vital to be present, to connect with the wisdom, the language and the currents of your energy to live and work with meaning and joy, which is at the heart of creating the soul-level success you desire. True story.
- I believe your connection to Divine Intelligence is an underutilized asset. Earth herself, divine allies, dieties and other realms offer deep healing, support and guidance. Calling on these Divine Sources is a fundamental way to access greater facets of your innate and instinctual wealth.
- I believe you can trust life, Divine Intelligence, and yourself. I know it may not feel like it when so many structures and ideals are crumbling, but on the other side of chaos and death is rebirth and we will need your innate wealth of resources to usher in a new era. Grieve and believe - the future holds so much promise.
- I believe law of attraction is mostly bullshit and that to manifest is to be aligned with the rhythms of growth and you know, doing the work. To manifest is to make something real. To create is to take aligned, committed action. There are no shortcuts but when you tap into, and trust, your rhythm, the effort becomes effortless.
- I believe that when you embrace your innate wealth and act accordingly you can expect epic success on a cellular level: mind, body, business, money AND soul.
And I know this because getting here was a decades-long journey which means I know where you are and how you're feeling.
The long journey to now.
At eleven, I was already a self-help junkie. I'd secretly started reading my Mom’s metaphysical books. Then, in college, when I was supposed to be studying for my accounting exams, you could still find me practicing yoga, devouring spiritual and personal-development books. Feed the addiction, people.
And I was feeding it. I was searching. I was hungry. I was following a path that wasn’t my passion (accounting) - and I was doing it all for the money. Later, even when making six figures in that profession (which was supposed to fix what felt broken), I was following the fine family tradition of drowning out the clamoring of my soul with wine, beer, cigarettes and generally bad behavior, including ignoring my money and being in over my head with my debt. Driven and depressed by my endless search for more money, more time, more things... I was poorer than I'd ever been.
Self-help + self-loathing. These two contradictory urges collided one night more than fourteen years ago when I was reading Pema Chodron while trying to get drunk. (!!)
That night, I had nothing short of a spiritual awakening. Everything changed in an instant.
Well, okay, in an instant plus each moment since.
I changed my life completely, ridding myself of drinking and smoking, bad boyfriends and bad habits. In the last fifteen years I've changed all my habits so completely that you'd think I'm a different person.
I’m more myself than I have been since I was six years old. I wouldn’t say I’m childlike, but everyday I recover more of my true nature, the innate wealth, that I thought I had lost so many years ago.
On the path, I have trained with the best beginning with a 200 hour YTT through Kripalu in 2003 and since then, with some amazing mentors and teachers to amplify my own capacity for leadership, healing and coaching. I studied with Martha Beck to become a kick-ass Master Coach and trained to become a master practitioner and facilitator of healing through meditation, breath work, earth medicine and energy practices, all of which honed my intuitive/visioning capacity. Combine all this with my business degree, a CPA license (currently inactive) and years working in publicly-traded tech companies in Seattle and it almost feels like I was born this way.
So, yes, I did a few things right in the last decade getting my shit together and doing my own deep inner work, but I really must have done something right in a past life, because I'm married to the most amazing man on the planet and we have a (not so) little girl who is amazing squared.
Living a nomadic life with my husband's work as a military officer and diplomat, we currently live in Lusaka, Zambia where I am deeply inspired by the beauty of Africa: the people, the animals and the incredible land.
My life is an expression of soul-level success that feels like success in the doing. Each day filled with incredible experiences, people and opportunities that I couldn't have dreamed of 15 years ago - fullness, aliveness and access to a depth of wealth I never imagined when I was obsessed with money and societies ideas of success. And that's what I want for you.